Papaya, an exotic fruit that many often over look. It has a sweet flavour, a soft texture and tastes great on its own. Personally I like putting them in my salads! However did you know that seeds were edible too? They have a spicy, bitter like flavour which is perfect for pepper. I’ll be showing you how to make these seeds into the best pepper of your life, both flavorful and packed full of health benefits: Just like the flesh. This way you reduce your waste, and have an exotic substitute for your meals.
*Here’s a few health tips about this amazing fruit before we get started*
This fruit has is packed full of vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A and C, Potassium, fibre. It has many health benefits such as helping aid in digestion due to it having an enzyme called papain. Papaya is high in antioxidants, helps prevent colon cancer, and heart disease, has anti-inflammatory effects and helps heal burns.
Often used as a face mask to treat acne, and to get healthy glowing skin. Shampoos that contain papaya also help with dandruff control.
Pepper mill/coffee grinder.
Containers of sorts.
1. Preheat oven to lowest temperature possible.
2. scoops seeds from papaya and set into a small bowl. Prepare the rest of your papaya and refrigerate (maybe eat some).
3. Rinse seeds till slime, and left over flesh is gone.
4. Evenly spread seeds onto a baking sheet and place into oven.
5. Bake for about 60 minutes or until seeds are completely dried out and hard all of the way through.
6. Grind in a pepper mill or in a coffee grinder to get the fine pepper texture.
7. Place in an air tight container, or bag.